Thursday 7 April 2011

That Magical Beginning

The sun rose, throwing down gauntlets of light
As the breeze caught the tent in her hand
The smell of testosterone mixed with the grease
In this magical circus land.

The sounds of the ropes and the men's grunts
The smell of dirt and sweat in the air
Then with one last pull the big top was up
Exhilarated, I could only stop and stare.

I stood all alone in that centre ring
My mind a whirl of wonder and delight
Then an angel came riding, smiling at me
I knew I had fallen in love at first sight.

All sights and sounds disappeared in the mist
As our eyes refused to pull away
I knew in that moment she felt the same
And I marvel at it to this day.

Now I am ancient and memories fade
But that first look remains in my heart
My Marlena, my love, my life
This was the beginning, the wondrous start.

No comments:

Post a Comment