Friday 24 December 2010

Twas The Night Before Christmas......

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse
My stocking I'd hung by the chimney with care
In the hope that St Nicholas soon would be there

Then in a twinkling I heard on my roof
The prancing and pawing of each reindeer hoof
A sudden sound echoed from my living room below
So I crept downstairs, footsteps soft and slow.

Expecting to see Santa, imagine my surprise
To see Rob standing there, a knowing look in his eyes
My hall clock vibrated as midnight was struck
And I ran to my window not believing my luck.

Santa leapt to his sleigh and gave a sharp whistle
Then away they all flew like the down of a thistle
But he said with a wink before he drove out of sight
Merry Christmas dear Kaz, hope you have a great night.

I turned to Robert and I felt something click
As I realised my plea had been heard by St Nick
“Just for tonight, you're mine to love” Rob said
As he gathered me up and took me to bed.

Christmas morning arrived, sadly all too soon
And I awoke and looked around my still, empty room
With a sigh I remembered my night of sheer bliss
As my body recalled the touch of his kiss.

Had it all been a dream, as the church bells rang
Had it been wishful thinking, I thought with a pang
Then I gasped as I spied at the end of my bed
Rob's Christmas beanie, still warm from his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment