Sunday 31 July 2011

Take Care Of My Heart.


Within my core resides my heart
It and I had never been apart
But like a thief you came to call
Now beneath my ribs lies nothing at all.

You stole my heart with every look
With every glance my heart you took
I'd have given it to you freely, gladly
It wanted to be with you so badly.

The echo of a pulse still beats within
When your lop-sided smile becomes a grin
I really don't know why you have this effect
It may be that sexy smirk I suspect.

I had often wondered how it would feel
When one came along, my heart to steal
Twinkling blue eyes and smouldering stare
I allowed you to take it without a care.

That first sighting, that very first glance
I realise now I didn't stand a chance
Time passing hasn't dulled the beat
Of the passion I feel, the longing, the heat.

So look after my heart Rob, don't throw it away
Treat it with love and there it will stay.
I'll follow like a moth to an eternal flame
As my heart has a ribbon inscribed with your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment