Tuesday 18 January 2011

BECAUSE OF YOU

Rain lashed mornings make me reflective
pondering on the what if's and might have beens
where have all the years gone?
images dance round and round of past remembered scenes

raindrops trickle down the window
a slalom contest on who will reach the sill first
life has a way of racing ahead
the quest for knowledge a long never ending thirst

stormy days make me forlorn
the skies mirror my mood of gloom in black and grey
i rest my forehead against the glass
watching people scurry at the end of a busy day

maybe if i'd changed my path
somewhere along the road altered my point of view
would i still be here, wondering
would the thoughts inside my head still be of you?

I turn around and cast a glance
at the photograph i have of you beside my bed
your smiling face stares back at me
my downcast mood now barely hanging by a thread

a shaft of light pierces the gloom
the sun chasing the clouds from her domain
i lean back, arms folded in submission
when she shines, i cannot best her at this game.

I chuckle at my predicament
caught dead centre of two similar styles
the celestial glow from high in the sky
and the sunshine of your beautiful smile.

Joy bubbles up within me
impossible to keep my mood in downcast shades of grey
your eyes follow me as i stretch and grin
i know because of you, it'll always be another beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment