Sunday 29 July 2012

I Gave You My Heart




                                                                      I gave you my heart
                                                                      I gave you my soul
                                                                     You were the only one
                                                                     Making me whole
                                                                     I gave you everything
                                                                     A man could give
                                                                     Now I have nothing
                                                                     For which to live.

                                                                    You lit up my life
                                                                    You gave me a glow
                                                                    How could I resist
                                                                    When I loved you so
                                                                    The laughter we shared
                                                                    Day after day
                                                                    Now just tears are falling
                                                                    Laughter's long gone away.

                                                                    How could you do this?
                                                                    Break my heart in two
                                                                    I thought you loved me
                                                                    As I loved you
                                                                    I sit alone with my thought
                                                                    Memories cloud my head
                                                                    Now I must think of the future
                                                                    And what lies ahead.
                                                                 
                                                                    I gave you my heart
                                                                   You tossed it aside
                                                                    It dropped through your hands
                                                                    When you cheated & lied
                                                                    So I'll keep it locked up
                                                                    Til  hands hold it secure
                                                                    She'll keep it next to her heart
                                                                    In a love strong and pure .♥

1 comment:

  1. Breakin my heart here Kaz :(
    God how he must feel right now..can only imagine. WE LOVE YOU & RESPECT YOU ROB. STAY STRONG.

    ReplyDelete