Tuesday 2 November 2010

If I had never known you

I often ponder on years gone by
when my heart didn't flit like a butterfly
When thoughts of you didn't invade my head
keeping me awake at night in my bed


if i'd never seen you come alive on screen
watching you walk in that very first scene
my heartbeat rising taking me by surprise
as visions of you made my breathing sighs


would life be so different not knowing you
filling my days and not having a clue
of the fascination and allure you possess
making my ignorance a feature to bless


I'll ponder no more as it's too late for me
to wonder how my love for you came to be
my heart was captured in tendrils all curled
and my feelings wont change for all the world


your beautiful face is a sight to behold
your smile is a treasure worth more than gold
when you speak it sets up a longing so strong
to be held in your arms where i want to belong


a bitter sweet feeling i keep locked inside
hidden from view as i have my pride
but to never have known this beautiful guy
my life would be earthbound, never to fly

No comments:

Post a Comment