Friday 22 October 2010

I Wonder

I wonder what you're doing on this dark and lonely night
I wonder in whose arms you are and is she holding tight
I wonder if you're sleeping stretched out upon your bed
I wonder what you're thinking, what thoughts swirl in your head.

I wonder if you're eating, sharing a glass of wine
I wonder if you're speaking in that voice so soft and fine
I wonder if you're playing, your guitar gently strumming
I wonder if you're singing, a refrain softly humming

I wonder all these things of you, as you are out of sight
I wonder when the time will come, my eyes on you alight
I wonder will I survive this endless Robless drought
I wonder how many weeks will pass as Rob I go without.

I wonder what my days were like before I first saw you
I wonder what my future holds, I haven't got a clue
I wonder will my heart heal as it lies broken on the floor
If you would just come back to me, then I'll be wondering no more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment